Department of Agadtantra & Vyavahar Ayurved Vidhi Vaidyaka
Deals with various natural and artificial toxic substances and poisons in detail along with their antidotes, signs and symptoms and legal aspects of medical ethics and standards
- To bring law and medicine together for preparing medical students for their medical, legal and social duties in medical profession.
- To give sufficient knowledge to handle the cases of poisoning.
- To train undergraduates and post graduates of Ayurvedic medicine and professionals in fields related to forensic medicine.
- To create a “first contact physician” who is aware of medical ethics, duties and various acts governing medical practice.
- To produce a doctor who is well informed about medico-legal responsibilities during the practice of medicine.
- To provide the services of judicial medical officer, forensic pathology and clinical forensic medicine.
- To make the Ayurved graduates capable of making observation and inferring conclusion by logical deductions to set inquiries on the right track in criminal manners and associated medico-legal problems.
- To create interest in research related to toxicology and various medico legal problems.